Wednesday, June 14, 2006

 

maternal

Talked to my mom tonight for the first time since the fight with the boy, and my resolution to be a better stronger girl. She said that not talking to him seems to be driving me crazy, and that I should be sure that the solution isn't worse for me than the problem is. I don't know that many people, and almost certainly not many moms, would give that advice. I feel like most would be urging me on to stay the hell away from him. My mom's pretty unique like that.
It's just one more confusing influence, though, right? She's right, though, that I shouldn't get so caught up in doing the right thing, that I forget about everything else. I still think a life without the boy in it is probably what I need. At least until the day when him being callous or a bad friend doesn't cut me to the quick the way it does now. Or until the day when he can be a good friend.

Somehow, I don't think I should hold my breath waiting for either of those things, though.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?