Tuesday, May 02, 2006

 

trick

Got to make one of my friend Mack's worst nightmares come true today.

I was on the phone with him during my drive home from work. He heard the loud metallic bang of my car getting crashed into, then the phone went dead. He tried multiple times to call me, with no answer. He had no idea who to call or how to find out what was going on... He was in his car, on his way to go look for me (despite having no idea where I was) when he finally got ahold of me on the phone.

I didn't mean to send him into such a panic. I was hit very hard, and the phone flew out of my hand. Even though I wasn't really hurt, I was in a state of shock. I kept hearing the phone ring, but I didn't know where it was. I thought about trying to find it, but couldn't quite manage to make the effort.

Later, he talked to me about how he was picturing the worst - me hurt or dead, and him not knowing what was going on. It's weird how I could have made things all better for him just by answering the phone, but in that moment, I couldn't pull it off.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?