Thursday, April 13, 2006

 

stall

My friends are finally finishing up with their week-long test. It's been a long week without much to do, and too much time to think. I'm trying to rebound, and get back to normal. Once I've been in my head for too long, though, it makes it difficult.
This weekend is my birthday party, so hopefully that will pick me up. I'm of course stricken with a crippling fear that nobody will show up. I know I should have more faith in my friends than that. I'm just in a mood, and I've got to break it.
I bought a fancy dress, and made an appointment to get my hair prettied up, in an effort to distract myself. Sometimes I think those things, that looking forward, just makes me even more fearful that the event I'm planning for will fall through, fall apart, whatever, and leave me disappointed.
Oh, who the hell knows. It's just me being my impossible to please self. And for those keeping track, ex boyfriend never did give me so much as a birthday card or phone call to acknowledge my birthday, even late. Rock on, rock star.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?