Sunday, January 01, 2006

 

New

So, it is officially the beginning of a new year, and I'm going out with the boy tonight, so... way not to move on at all or let go of the old in any way. It is all so much habit now, my inability to stay away from him, to snatch up his tiny token gestures of friendship.
Last night ended up being okay. We went to the bar downtown, where, thankfully, the boy was nowhere to be seen. It was overcrowded, and the drink prices were jacked up to a ridiculous degree, but it could have been a lot worse. And neither one of us has an emotional breakdown, so any night like that has to be considered at least a partial success.
The boy are going to the movies tonight, and from the sound of it over the phone, I think he invited his roommate to come. So, already, we're off to a fabulous start. And I don't even know why I covet alone time with him so much anyway. Nothing good ever comes of it. I should be grateful for the presence of others, since it at least usually keeps from having huge-ass fights. I don't know. It's like I'm a skipping record, right. I'm beginning to wonder if that is all I will ever be.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?