Saturday, January 21, 2006

 

eyes

Last night with the boy was pretty much fine. I think for the most part, we really are past the really good or bad anymore. We don't fight like we used to, and I don't hope like I used to. It all just is what it is.

One funny part: A girl at work had done my make-up, and she spent a long time and made me all pretty. The boy and I are sitting together at the game, and he asks: "Have you not been sleeping well? You don't look so good." And I said, "Oh, are you telling me I look shitty?" He answers, "No, you've just got these dark rings under your eyes, and you don't usually. I'm concerned you aren't getting enough sleep." Ugh.

Oh, and we ran into his cool-kid eastsider friends after the game. When they asked where we got the tickets, he said, "just bought them." And didn't make eye contact with me. Didn't say I bought them for him. Didn't say they were a present. I don't expect a parade for having given him a gift, but I can't say I expect him to be ashamed of it either.

And that's really all I've got to say about him right now. I don't want to dwell on it that much, because there isn't really much that deserves dwelling on.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?