Saturday, December 24, 2005

 

room

So, while I am staying with my parents, I will be sleeping on their couch. I don't mind that so much. It's a little bit small, but it is fairly comfortable, and I'm not a whiney baby about it.
There's just one problem, though. The couch is in the living room. So is the Christmas tree. Which means that tonight, I will have to watch my mom put all the presents under the tree. My mom, and not Santa Claus. And don't get me wrong, it isn't that I'm some sort of scary grown child who still believes, but my whole life, I've woken up on Christmas morning to see the big array of presents that "Santa" brought, and it is this wonderful moment every year. This year, the last little remnant of that mystery and wonder and shit will be eradicated and replaced with the image of my poor mom staying up All Night making things look perfect while my good-for-nothing dad sleeps peacefully in the next room, and then takes equal share of the credit.
I'd like to say that I'll step up and help her, but I just don't think I'm ready to be grown up enough to share in Santa Claus duties.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?