Thursday, December 29, 2005

 

ring

I mentioned yesterday that I am trying to be good about not trying to get the boy to talk to me or hang out with me. I was already leaning that way, but the phone call I got from him last night cemented it. I'd left work early with a pounding nausea-inducing headache, but when he called, of course I still answered. I'm like that.
We chatted for just a couple minutes, when he then announced that he had to go to Target, like, right that second, so he had to go. I asked him what he was going to buy, and for no good reason that I could possibly discern, he wouldn't tell me. He said he needed to have some mystery, or something truly asinine like that.
So, then, he adds, "but we should hang out one of these days", and I figure, "hell, he's trying to be good - he called, he's asking me to do something", so I bite and say sure. And he says, "yeah, well, I'll give you a call about that sometime" and hangs up.
What the hell is that? He really seems to have just wanted to make sure that I'd still say yes, and when he knew that I would, then that was enough for him and he could just hang up. God forbid he actually goes ahead and makes plans with me, and then misses out on something better that comes up, if he doesn't absolutely have to. Ugh. And I fell for it. Like the love-stupid sucker I always am. So, I really am going to try to be better, though who knows how well that will work.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?