Tuesday, December 27, 2005

 

present

My roommate and I did our Christmas gift exchange tonight. I got her gift certificates to the Arclight, which isn't all that super thoughtful of a gift, but she does like it there, and she does hate to pay the pricey admission, so I didn't think it was too bad. Plus, I got her $50 dollars worth, so I felt like I was maybe making up a bit in price what it lacked in panache.
Then, she gave me her gift. Months and months ago, in maybe the Spring or so, we had gone to see a few bands at the Hammer Museum, and while we were waiting for the show to start, I saw some paintings by this artist that I really liked. Well, she remembered the artist's name, went back to the Museum store, and got me a book of postcards of his work, and a journal with a painting by him on the cover, onto which she painted "Heidi's Stalk Log". How awesome and thoughtful is that? It was just really really super nice, and made me feel like my gift was cruddy.

Oh, and the artist's name is Yoshitomo Nara. I think his stuff is pretty awesome.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?