Sunday, December 11, 2005

 

compare

The boy called this afternoon, so I don't have to boycott him any longer. He was much more normal than the last time we talked. I just don't know what to make of him. Initially, he said that he really did just stay in and do work all weekend, which I, of course, knew not to be true. Even then, though, I really didn't call him on it (though I couldn't help getting a bit bitchier when I knew he was lying to me). He told me eventually what he really did, which seems to be just a hodgepodge of watching basketball on TV and going to bars. Yeah, I can see how that would be so much more appealing than spending time with me. Whatever.
There's apparently some girl who is trying hard to get with him. He says he is crazy and he doesn't like her, but it still kind of bugs me. And I wonder why he would tell me stuff like that in the first place.
Meanwhile, my roommate's boy has not called her at all this weekend. She's trying to play it off to me like she doesn't care, but wow, can I see her totally dissolving. She says she has to handle these periods where he doesn't call her "maturely", but it seems to me like she's just in denial.
She's like perma-pissy, and calling everyone she knows to discuss him (though she won't bring it up to me, since she is trying to prove a point about how fine she is compared to me). I know I am emotionally erratic and I go off a bit too quickly sometimes, but I have to think it is better than pretending to be fine while I'm really unravelling. I'm always ready to admit when I am spiralling out of control, and she is trying so hard to hide it, even from herself. I guess she and I just handle things in opposite ways.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?