Sunday, October 02, 2005

 

Avert

The Patriots are losing, and they are going to lose, and I can't bear it anymore, so I turned the TV off. What does that say about me, that I love the Patriots, and don't love them less for losing, but just can't bring myself to watch? I mean, that's pretty selfish of me, right. I share in the good stuff, am all greedy for my part of it. But when it's bad, I need to shut off of the TV and walk away so I'm not dragged down into the sadness. I should take my part of it. I deserve it at least as much as I do my joy when I'm announcing that "we" won and how great "our" team is.
Now I feel like I'm not even good at being a football fan, which is one of the few things that should be easy enough that even I can't fuck it up.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?