Friday, September 09, 2005

 

sports

Just so you know that boys are not the only thing that I get abnormally attached to, I'm also like that with TV shows and, even moreso, sports teams. My favorite sports team is the Patriots. I've loved them since they were a very crappy team, but the last few years, they pretty much kick ass. And it's gotten to this really weird place where I depend on them to be the thing in my life that goes right. I know I'll still love them even if they start losing, but for the moment, I'm counting on them to carry me through my miserable tortured little life.
I recall one recent Super Bowl experience at which I announced to my amassed friends that absolutely everything in my life was miserable except the Patriots, and if they didn't win, I was just going to give up entirely. And in retrospect, that's a little scary, now, isn't it? I mean, I hadn't bet money on the game. The win or loss wasn't going to effect my personal existence in any meaningful way. But, still I invested myself entirely in how it was going to turn out.
I'm not going to stop loving the Patriots, and hell, to be honest, I'm probably not going to stop being scary about it either. But sometimes I wonder if I should. I guess I wonder if I SHOULD do a lot of things that don't have a snowball's chance in hell of happening though. This is just one to add to the list.
Anyway, they played their first game of the season last night and, as is so often the case, they didn't let me down. Tom Brady is like the best man in my life. Except I think he might be a Republican. Yuck.

Comments:
I wish Matt Hasselbeck treated me so well. I feel like a battered wife sometimes.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?