Wednesday, September 21, 2005

 

senile

Last night, on the way home, I stop at the drive-through ATM to deposit my paycheck. I'm at the machine, my finger hovering above the little keypad to enter my Pin Number... and my mind goes blank. I try a few things that sound like they might be right, but no dice.
So, not so upsetting, I guess. I figure I'm having a momentary lapse, and I'll just go deposit the damned thing the next morning. If I relax about it, the number will just pop back into my brain.
Cut to this morning, when I still have no fricking clue what the damned thing is. I have had that Pin for years. I use it at least 10 times a week. And it's just gone. It flew out of my head, for what looks like forever.
Aren't I too young to start being senile? It's a little scary.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?