Saturday, September 17, 2005

 

name

I went out for my friend Alex's birthday tonight, which was fun. We got Alex well and truly smashed, which was pretty awesome. In the three years I've known him, it was the first time I got to meet drunk Alex, and I have to say that he was a total delight. After many drinks at a couple bars in Alex's neighborhood, we went back to his place to eat some of the yummy cake I bought him.
It was there that it happened - he called me by the name of the boy i'm in love with. I didn't think it was all that big of a deal, just teased him about it a little and let it go. After all he was a bit on the tipsy and a little confused. But, on the way home, my roommate told me I should think about the fact that I talk about the boy I'm in love with SO MUCH that drunk Alex would call me by his name. She reminded me that Alex doesn't even like the boy I'm in love with, so that his associating me with that person can only be a bad thing. So, that bummed me out, kind of. I feel like most of, if not all of, my friends have things they can't help dwelling on whether I like it or not. I didn't like being picked on for my weakness. So, yuck.
Fortunately, it was not nearly enough bad to tarnish what was other was a lovely and booze-filled night (and one in which I barely mentioned the boy I'm in love with, I should note).

P.S. To Alex - who I think will probably read this blog sooner or later - where does the cake go again??
Oh yeah, that's right, in your mouth.
You're a pretty fun drunk.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?