Thursday, August 18, 2005

 

Smash

Last night, I went out with some friends for my friend Grandpa's birthday. Grandpa's not really a Grandpa - he's only turning 26, but he has a fondness for many things that usually only appeal to the geriatric set, so... he's Grandpa.
Anyway, if this proves my point at all, after dinner, he wanted to go down to the Cozy Inn, since it is the only L.A. bar (at least that I know of) that has a shuffleboard table. Now, I don't know if you're familiar with the rules of shuffleboard. Basically, you attempt to throw a puck down the length of the table as far as you can without sliding right off the far end.
So, as it turns out, I suck at shuffleboard. No matter how slowly and carefully I thought I was tossing my puck, I just sent it sailing right off the end. My shuffleboard partner, the boy I'm in love with, was getting a bit annoyed, until I discovered my secret shuffleboard genius - i'm amazingly good at hauling off and smashing my puck into other people's and sending them flying right off the board. The boy I'm in love with even began to refer to me as "Smasher". So, we won by a lot, even though I didn't really score a single point of my own, just stole other people's away. And I was happy, but then I was thinking that how I play shuffleboard is like how I am in life. I'm not so hot at making good things happen for myself, but man oh man, can I destroy the good things other people are trying for.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?